Re: Postgres for mobile website?

From: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: Andre Lopes <lopes80andre(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres for mobile website?
Date: 2009-11-05 12:48:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a website using Postgres database. Now I need to develop a
> mobile website, what should I do?
>
> Use the Postgres database or copy the information of the database to a
> SQLite database? Postgres isn't heavy to a mobile website?
>
> The website is update 2 times month. I can easly sincronize the
> databases Postgres to SQLite. What do you think about this solution?
>
> Best Regards.
Typically, for a website, the database is stored on the server and not
the client so it does not matter about the size of the database/dbms.
You can use the same server for both websites. I run both mobile
websites and normal websites from the same database.

Your choice of dbms depends upon the workload/complexity of the data. I
find postgres scales nicely for most workloads.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com