Re: TimeZone related issues in org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: c(dot)klein(at)tarent(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TimeZone related issues in org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils
Date: 2009-10-16 22:57:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Carsten Klein (tarent) wrote:
> Attached you find a stand alone test case. I have included a slightly
> modified version of the original TimestampUtils in the jdbc2 package of
> the PostgreSQL JDBC driver.

Do you have a standalone testcase that uses normal JDBC methods and
shows the problem as an application would see it.

TimestampUtils is an internal class that's not designed to be used
directly. Its behaviour is fairly closely tied to the server's timestamp
behaviour and exactly how the rest of the driver uses it.

What we are really interested in is a testcase that shows a problem at
the JDBC level.

-O