Hot standby, xlog_xact_assignment and unreported subxids.

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hot standby, xlog_xact_assignment and unreported subxids.
Date: 2009-10-14 11:43:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In the hot standby patch, we have this comment in procarray.c:

> It is
> * important that the XLOG_XACT_ASSIGNMENT record contain *all* subxids
> * not just those so far unreported because the sole purpose is to ensure
> * we can remove the xids from KnownAssignedXids.

As the patch stands, that's not what we do. We only include new subxids
in the XLOG_XACT_ASSIGNMENT record that we haven't included in any
previous ones. I think that comment is just obsolete and should be
removed, but am I missing something?

--
Heikki Linnakangas