Auto Vacuum Daemon

From: <A(dot)Bhattacharya(at)sungard(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Auto Vacuum Daemon
Date: 2009-12-02 12:46:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello All,

I am using Postgres 8.3.5 on windows and was using manually VACCUM and
ANALYZE commands in my scripts but now I have turned on the AutoVaccum
daemon by changing the postgresql conf file.

Is it fine to do that or should we manually perform vacuum and analyze.

Will it automatically take care of vacuuming the tables and analyzing
them?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Ambarish Bhattacharya | Senior Software Engineer | SunGard Technology
Services | Meridian Plaza, Sr.No.108/8/1+2/1, S B Road | Pune 411053,
India |

| Tel: +91-20-25606232 | Mobile: +91 9823964376 |
A(dot)Bhattacharya(at)sungard(dot)com <mailto:A(dot)Bhattacharya(at)(dot)sungard(dot)com> |
www.sungard.com |

P Think before you print

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.