Re: Best suiting OS

From: Karl Denninger <karl(at)denninger(dot)net>
To: Axel Rau <Axel(dot)Rau(at)Chaos1(dot)DE>
Cc: PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best suiting OS
Date: 2009-10-05 18:06:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Axel Rau wrote:
> Am 05.10.2009 um 19:42 schrieb Karl Denninger:
>
>> I have not yet benchmarked FreeBSD 8.x - my production systems are
>> all on FreeBSD 7.x at present. The improvement going there from 6.x
>> was MASSIVE. 8.x is on my plate to start playing with in the next
>> couple of months.
> Did you ever try gjournal or zfs as tablespace?

gjournal, no. ZFS has potential stability issues - I am VERY interested
in it when those are resolved. It looks good on a test platform but I'm
unwilling to run it in production; there are both reports of crashes and
I have been able to crash it under some (admittedly rather extreme)
synthetic loads.

-- Karl

Attachment Content-Type Size
karl.vcf text/x-vcard 124 bytes