commented out para in docs

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: commented out para in docs
Date: 2009-10-02 14:08:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have this para in the CREATE TABLE docs, commented out, as shown. It
seems to have been like that for a long time (see
<http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table.sgml?annotate=1.48>).

Surely we should either include it or remove it. Having it commented out
in the docs seems like just noise.

cheers

andrew

<!--
<para>
<productname>PostgreSQL</> automatically allows the
created table to inherit
functions on tables above it in the inheritance hierarchy; that
is, if we create table <literal>foo</literal> inheriting from
<literal>bar</literal>, then functions that accept the tuple
type <literal>bar</literal> can also be applied to instances of
<literal>foo</literal>. (Currently, this works reliably for
functions on the first or only parent table, but not so well for
functions on additional parents.)
</para>
-->