Should Webinars be training events?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Should Webinars be training events?
Date: 2009-09-30 21:08:03
Lists: pgsql-www

All,

We're getting quite a few submissions in /events for webinars for
various PostgreSQL-associated companies and topics. I'm just not sure,
as a moderator, whether:

a) company webinars should be bounced as too corporate, or
b) should be regular events, or
c) should be training events.

For the kind of event I'm talking about, see this description, which is
typical:

==============
Event: Webinar: Achieving database high availability in 15 minutes with
Tungsten
Training event: No
Location: City: Web-based, State: , Country: United States
Database downtime is one of the most common reasons for application
failures. Unfortunately, not every product billed as an HA solution
solves the whole problem. Tungsten clusters are packed with features
that address database downtime efficiently and are easy to deploy. In 15
minutes, in fact.

I'm really honestly not sure what to do with these kinds of events.
Seems to me we want to list them, but where?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.