Re: db size and tables size difference

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: isabella(dot)ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: db size and tables size difference
Date: 2009-09-23 03:28:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

How would one check for catalog bloat? And, if bloated, would unloading
and reloading the database
fix it?

Naomi

> 3. Bloat in other system catalogs. 5GB of catalog bloat would be
> pretty awful, but maybe that's what it is.
>
> Try that last query without the namespace restrictions.
>
> regards, tom lane

Naomi Walker Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com
---An EDS Company 602-604-3100
Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our
courage and strength. -- Anonymous