Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09
Date: 2009-09-15 10:53:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

After playing with this a little bit, I think we need logic in the slave
to reconnect to the master if the connection is broken for some reason,
or can't be established in the first place. At the moment, that is
considered as the end of recovery, and the slave starts up. You have the
trigger file mechanism to stop that, but it only gives you a chance to
manually kill and restart the slave before it chooses a new timeline and
starts up, it doesn't reconnect automatically.

--
Heikki Linnakangas