Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>, Joshua Brindle <method(at)manicmethod(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications
Date: 2009-07-31 06:01:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As Peter Eisentraut pointed out, we are not on the phase
to discuss about user documentations yet.

It is a reasonable idea to discuss correct specifications
of SE-PostgreSQL from the viewpoint of the developers.
Then, it will the a good source for the upcoming user docs.

For the recent a few days, I've worked to write and edit
the specification (partially copied from the draft of user
documentation) for the development purpose.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL_Development

I would like to have a discussion for its design specifications
and make clear anything unclear for pgsql folks (including the
quality of English).

Because this wikipage intends to provide the specifications
from the viewpoint of developers, it describes features more
detailed than the user visible documentation.

I intended to describe the features correctly, but it does not
mean perfect, needless to say.
Please feel free to ask / point out me, if something unclear or
not-easy understandable.

Thanks,

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC