Re: Filtering dictionaries support and unaccent dictionary

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Filtering dictionaries support and unaccent dictionary
Date: 2009-07-28 15:01:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'm curious about the pg_regress change ... is it really necessary?

To test unaccent dictionary it's needed to input accented characters, not all
encodings allow that. UTF8 allows that, but it doesn't compatible with a lot of
locales. So, --no-locale should be propagated to CREATE DATABASE command as it's
done for encoding.

> AFAICS the changes to the core code are very small; I wonder if you
> should commit it separately i.e. without the contrib module, and add the
> that one in another commit.
Split patch to two parts:
filter_dictionary-0.1.gz - core changes, including pg_regress changes
unaccent-0.5.gz - contrib module

Also, I added some comments into code and did cosmetic changes in docs.

> As for the contrib module, I think it could use a lot more function
> header comments! Also, it would be great if it could be used separately
> from tsearch, i.e. that it provided a function unaccent(text) returns
> text that unaccented arbitrary strings (I guess it would use the default
> tsconfig).
Umm? Module provides unaccent(text) and unaccent(regdictionary, text) functions.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
unaccent-0.5.gz application/x-tar 5.9 KB
filter_dictionary-0.1.gz application/x-tar 1.0 KB