Re: Forcing cursor behavior

From: Shawn Heisey <pgsql(at)elyograg(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Forcing cursor behavior
Date: 2009-07-21 09:44:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

We have a support contract on the application in question, but we've
already been told that the development of Postgres compatibility would
not be covered by that. They want at least three weeks of calendar time
to certify it, and an amount of money that has not yet been specified,
neither of which we can afford.

I'm not sure what you are referring to you when you say another tool.
Are you talking about a replacement for the application? That would not
be easy. It's a highly specialized product. We've got plans to try and
develop our own, but that will be at least a few months in the making.

To the person with the Cyrillic name that also responded ... how much
effort would be involved in writing the delegating driver you described?