savepoints in 8.3.7 or whatever...

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: savepoints in 8.3.7 or whatever...
Date: 2009-07-15 18:05:23
Lists: pgsql-general

we have an app thats doing massive amounts of inserts, batched in
transactions, multiple concurrent connections (tuned for optimal
throughput, usually around 1 thread per cpu core plus a couple more).
occasionally a transaction gets duplicated, and that causes a constraint
violation which causes the whole transaction to abort unless we wrap
each insert in a savepoint.

my developers are asking me if there are limits as to how many
savepoints can be active, etc. they have run into various such limits
in oracle.