Re: CertFirst training event listings

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CertFirst training event listings
Date: 2009-07-11 18:14:20
Lists: pgsql-www

All,

I need to compose a formal letter to CertFirst. Should I offer them the
chance to post again if they adhere to strict posting guildlines, or
have they crossed the line one to many times and are simply banned? The
requirements I was thinking of are:

============

a) all CertFirst training events are posted from *one* community account

b) content of event announcements is purely informational ("Training on
PostgreSQL administration July 28-30")

c) any references to "certification" make it clear that it's your own
certification

d) no more than two training event listings per month.

These standards are stricter than what we apply to other vendors because
of the complaints received from multiple community members about
CertFirst's advertisements. If even a single CertFirst announcement in
the future violates these requirements, you will be banned from posting
on www.postgresql.org permanently.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.