Re: Need help urgent!!!

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: dileepav(at)thirdeyetek(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help urgent!!!
Date: 2009-07-10 12:14:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 10/07/2009 13:12, Dileep A.V wrote:
> Next is last time I have not told PHP, where to look for extensions, this
> time I have told that one also, in my laptop also, the location is same " so
> I have included this statement:
> extension_dir = "c:\php\ext", then restarted the web server. As advised by
> you I have included this under "paths and directories".
>
> I found that php_pgsql.dll also exists in the following path:
>
> C:\PHP\ext.
>
> After doing all these things I have done the reset of Apache, and then again
> started running the phppgadmin, but still getting the same error:
>
> "Your PHP installation does not support PostgreSQL. You need to recompile
> PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option."

Hi Dileep,

Have you tried enabling any of the other dynamic extensions, to see if
they work? If they do, there'll be a section for them in the phpinfo()
output. - Try cURL, for example, AFAIK it isn't enabled by default.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas at this point... I remember once I had
problems with this same problem, and never did get to the bottom of it.
I got around it by rolling back to an earlier version of PHP which did
work. I see you're on PHP 5.2.10; you could try 5.3 and see if that
works for you - obviously, you have to make the same changes in the .ini
file.

Good luck!

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie