Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>, "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date: 2009-06-30 19:10:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 6/30/09 8:52 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

>> We (PostgreSL project) should be sending out an email one month after
>> release of 8.4 to elicit structured feedback. This should be an integral
>> part of the release process.
>
> I completely agree. Volunteers?

I am tied up for a couple weeks, but will have time right around OSCON
to assist.

I've had some experience with community surveys - for the Portland tech
community, and for conferences. Also, I know at least one person
interested in analysis of this type of data, and how to structure the
multiple choice questions and fill-in-the-blank ones to elicit things we
might not expect.

Sorry I can't jump on it immediately, but this is an area of interest
for me and I'd like to help.

-selena

--
Me - http://www.chesnok.com/daily