Re: News moderation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: News moderation
Date: 2009-06-14 23:48:32
Lists: pgsql-www

On 6/9/09 12:09 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 20:04 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>
>>> Right but we can get that from planet now which IMO is much more
>>> interesting as it is generally about community, by community versus a
>>> bunch of product announcements.

The content is different on the two feeds. I do agree that we should
have more stuff in News which is not product announcements; for some
reason, people running conferences, other OSS projects, etc. seem to
forget about the news feed.

However, (for example) I'm not going to announce 8.4 RC1 on the blog feed.

We would also have less product announcements if we were enforcing our
approval policies (no minor versions, for example). Current technology
makes thishard to do, as previously discussed.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.