Re: Resolving 8.4 open items

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resolving 8.4 open items
Date: 2009-06-10 18:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> Alternatively, we can postpone 8.4 till Oleg and Teodor have some spare
> cycles to look at the patch, but who knows when that will be.

Not soon. So, +1 to go ahead.

If this issue has existed for several versions, and we're not getting a
lot of complaints, it says that either not many people are using cube
and seg or they don't notice performance issues.

Mind you, if performance is terrible, then not many people *would* use
cube or seg ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.