Re: News moderation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: News moderation
Date: 2009-06-09 18:33:57
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> None of which would have been fixed in any new backend, as noone has
> previously reported these issues as far as I'm aware. If people are
> quitting moderating for actual technical reasons, telling us would be
> most helpful. Most people will report bugs and inconveniences in
> PostgreSQL quite happily, so it's a mystery why they wouldn't report
> issues with processes when help run the project.

I've mentioned several of them on -www before, some of them more than
once. I've also talked to Magnus about them. And Guido complained
about them. You just didn't listen.

> I can't honestly say any of them have caused me any real pain though.
> All valid points I grant you, but minor inconveniences in my
> experience.

Well, bluntly, that's because you're not trying to apply our policies on
frequency of posting. If one simply approves everything which has the
correct formatting, then there's no pain.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.