Getting views' metadata

From: Gaël BOUGANNE <gael(dot)bouganne(at)univ-nantes(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Getting views' metadata
Date: 2009-06-09 11:53:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

i'm trying to retrieve complete metadata of my pgsql 8.3 database using
JDBC.
But i got a problem getting the columns informations of views.
I succesfully get the view names using 'getTables(...)' method, but when
calling 'getColumns(...)' for a given view, the returned ResultSet is empty.

So i wonder wether it is possible to get such information or not. If it
is possible how shall i do?

Regards,

Gaël BOUGANNE