Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Floris Bos / Maxnet <bos(at)je-eigen-domein(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2
Date: 2009-06-09 08:43:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Floris Bos / Maxnet wrote:
> I am having the problem that some queries are unable to find rows when
> using the index.
> When I force a sequential scan, by doing "set enable_indexscan=false;
> set enable_bitmapscan=false;", the same queries work fine.

Not a hacker myself, but I can tell you that the first question you'll
be asked is "can you produce a test case"? If you can generate the
problem from a test table+generated data that will let people figure out
the problem for you.

If not, details of the table schema will be needed, and is there any
pattern to the missed rows? Also - compile settings, character set and
locale details might be relevant too.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd