Re: Managing multiple branches in git

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Date: 2009-06-02 20:06:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Once I have all the versions
> tested, I prepare a commit message and commit all the branches. This
> results in one commit message per branch in the pgsql-committers
> archives, and just one commit in the cvs2cl representation of the
> history --- which is what I want.

I think the 'just one commit' view is going to be the hard piece. Other
than that, there will probably be some minor annoyances, but that's to
be expected in any switch, I think.

Of course, it's open source so if someone wants to work on multibranch
commit to make our life easier ... ;-)

cheers

andrew