pooled prepared statements

From: Thomas Finneid <tfinneid(at)fcon(dot)no>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pooled prepared statements
Date: 2009-05-12 13:24:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi

When a PreparedStatment is created by a pooled connection, as far as I
understand if, that creation happens on the server side, and a
reference, of sorts, is returned to the client jdbc.

Is that prepared statement shared among the connections or is it only
available to that single connection? and more importantly, can many
connections use that prepared statement concurrently?

If it is shared, then it must be usable by concurrent connections,
otherwise it will be difficult for the client to know if the statement
is occupied or not. So I just want to confirm that I understand how the
JDBC driver works.

regards

thomas