Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user?

From: Emi Lu <emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user?
Date: 2009-04-28 14:52:30
Lists: pgsql-general

>> My daily data population cronjob(around 1 hour) terminated at the middle and
>> raised the following error this morning:
>>
>> Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
>> "schema_owner_name".
>> Could anyone tell me what might cause the problem please?

> This does not seem logical. ident authentication doesn't just
> suddenly get turned on by accident. Are you sure these two things are
> related?

The problem still did not resolve:( It happened again this morning.

No changes for the script and postgresql configuration. But when I
re-run the script, it succeeded.

The "Ident authentication" failure happened when "pg_dump" data to one
directory.

If it is not because of pg configuration, what other possible reasons
could cause this exception message???

--
Lu Ying