Oracle to buy Sun

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle to buy Sun
Date: 2009-04-20 13:24:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi guys,

what's going to happen now?
http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/oracle/

I am still in the process of understanding the impact of this on a
wider scale. I would love to collect some ideas that can be presented
during community talks, as "How is Oracle acquisition of Sun going to
influence PostgreSQL" is a question that often and inevitably will be
asked - I presume. I would love to get a list of PROS/CONS of this
agreement as far as PostgreSQL is concerned, both from a technical point
of view and a marketing point of view, so I believe your ideas are more
than welcome!

Thank you.

Ciao,
Gabriele