Unit tests and ordering

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister-ps(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unit tests and ordering
Date: 2009-04-19 18:17:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, i'm just running the unit tests against my database and came across
a couple of errors:

For example in the date tests, a number of dates are inserted and then
read back. In my setup this fails with the wrong values being returned.

This seems to be an ordering problem.. The dates are inserted and then
the test relies on them being returned in the same order they were
inserted. I'm fairly sure that this isn't guaranteed when using SQL,
however it looks like it probably worked before. I'm using server
version 8.3.5 and the latest cvs jdbc source.

Anyone else experienced this?