Re: ARC patent

From: "Dave Held" <dave(dot)held(at)arrayservicesgrp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ARC patent
Date: 2005-04-01 16:29:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Why would they have to do that? Why couldn't they just give a license
for OSS distributions of PostgreSQL, and make commercial distributions
obtain their own license for the ARC code? Doesn't IBM hire lawyers
exactly for the purpose of writing complicated legal documents of this
nature? ;> Or is it that the Postgres team wouldn't use an algorithm
that wasn't freely available to everyone?

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group
200 14th Ave. East, Sartell, MN 56377