Re: ARC patent

From: "Dave Held" <dave(dot)held(at)arrayservicesgrp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ARC patent
Date: 2005-04-01 15:49:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Why not just ask IBM for a free license first? After all, they put
1,000+ patents in the public domain or something, didn't they? I
realize that they might use this technology in DB2, and don't want
to encourage competitors. But IBM seems a lot more friendly to OSS
than most companies, and it doesn't seem like it would hurt to ask.
At the worst they say "no" and you just proceed as you would have
originally.

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group