Re: phpinfo() doesn't show postgres as a configured module

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: my extraidentity <myextraidentity(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phpinfo() doesn't show postgres as a configured module
Date: 2009-04-11 00:55:36
Lists: pgsql-php

my extraidentity wrote:

> When I run the PHP function phpinfo() on my server that has both
> Apache and PHP on it, it doesn't show postgres as a configured
> module. I am running Apache version 2.0.54 and PHP version 5.2.8
> (however the phpinfo() function displays that it is version 5.0.4
> ; what is up with that???)
>
> What command do I need to run to get the postgres module to work
> with PHP? I have tried to configure the server this way and it
> didn't seem to fix it:
>
> ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/
> --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
> make
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Multiple things, possibly. What OS and how did you install PHP and PG?

I'll venture a guess that you somehow installed PHP and/or PG with
whatever system installer your disro uses (yum? apt?...) and it ended up
wherever that distro specifies. Then you compiled some stuff from source
and it ended up in the "normal" locations defined by the source/makefile
defaults and you have ended up with two or more versions (5.0.4/5.2.8)
of PHP. You could even end up with Apache seeing one version and PHP
command-line seeing a different one. Once you sort that out, be sure to
enable PG in php.ini.

Cheers,
Steve