determining the locks that will be held by a query

From: Brian Cox <brian(dot)cox(at)ca(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: determining the locks that will be held by a query
Date: 2009-04-10 19:05:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

I sent this out on 4/7 and either missed a response or didn't get one.
If this is the wrong forum, I'd appreciate a redirect.

I know that EXPLAIN will show the query plan. I know that pg_locks will
show the locks currently held for activity transactions. Is there a way
to determine what locks a query will hold when it is executed?

Thanks,
Brian