Re: Closing some 8.4 open items

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Date: 2009-04-05 11:45:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> If there are no objections, I'm going to remove the following items
> from the list at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Open_Items
>

> change cardinality() for multi-dim arrays?
>
> Drop; there's no consensus that this should be changed

I don't think we should let this go quite so easily, as this is a new
function, so the bias should be to "getting it right" rather than "don't
change it".

The supplied functionality is not only surprising, but easily obtained
by an existing function. ISTM if we're supplying a new function it
should have new functionality.

cheers

andrew