Re: about hacking postgresql

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: abdelhak(dot)benmohamed(at)yahoo(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: about hacking postgresql
Date: 2009-04-05 08:16:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

abdelhak benmohamed wrote:

> hello,
>
> here more of details
>
> I have a set of transaction. Naturally, the transactions execute
> themselves in competition. But I would want to give to every
> transaction a priority. Thus the transaction more priority must
> execute itself in first.
>

> I thought, as first step, to change the transaction syntax as follows
>
> Start transaction (priority)
>

> But I do not know where to do exactly the change in gram.y
>
> for I have to try to change in TransactionStmt, but I always receive
> the message syntax error at now near (
>

> thanks you a lot

hello ...

if you pump then in through the same database connection you do
basically the same thing.
if you want transactions to lock out each other, take a look at advisory
locks.
implementing this for "start transaction" seems pretty useless to me
however.

best regards,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
Professional PostgreSQL Consulting, Support, Training