Re: Time to start drafting the 8.4 release

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to start drafting the 8.4 release
Date: 2009-03-31 17:08:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 3/30/09 11:49 PM, Rob Napier wrote:
> Josh
>
> Is there anything I can do to help?
>
> If you give me the raw details, I'd be happy to write it for you.

See the wiki page.

But the first thing to do is start with a theme. Suggestions?

We used "rapid development" last year, so we can't use it this year.
But this release doesn't have any central "theme" in terms of what's
been added; it's just a whole buncha features.

The one thing I thought of which is somewhat new is that we added
several features or partial features designed to pave the way for larger
features later.

--Josh