where is the locale set for each server instance?

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: where is the locale set for each server instance?
Date: 2005-03-13 21:50:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I'm pluggin ICU into PostgreSQL for unicode collation, since FreeBSD has no
support for unicode collation. It works fine, but I cannot find out where
to set the default locale for each backend instance. I want to use the
LC_COLLATE used in initdb, now I've just hard wired it for my own needs. I
tried backend/access/transam/xlog.c:ReadControlFile, but it is not
sufficient.

in backend/main/main.c:
/*
* Set up locale information from environment. Note that LC_CTYPE and
* LC_COLLATE will be overridden later from pg_control if we are in an
* already-initialized database.

So, I'm trying to find out where LC_COLLATE is overridden. Any tips?

Thanks,
Palle