Re: Raid 10 chunksize

From: Jerry Champlin <jchamplin(at)absolute-performance(dot)com>
To: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Raid 10 chunksize
Date: 2009-03-25 10:05:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

It sounds to me like you need to tune everything you can related to
postgresql, but it will unlikely be enough as your load continues to
increase. You might want to look into moving some of the read activity
off of the database. Depending on you application, memcached or ehcache
could help. You could also look at using something like Tokyo Cabinet
as a short term front end data store. Without understanding the
application architecture, I can't offer much in way of a specific
suggestion.

-Jerry

Jerry Champlin
Absolute Performance Inc.