Re: typedefs for indent

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: typedefs for indent
Date: 2009-03-22 14:59:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>>> Did this go anywhere?
>>>

>> I'm still trying to get a working objdump for OSX. Automating this is
>> difficult because we need to make sure we get all (or pretty close to
>> all) the typedefs we can get on each platform for various build
>> configurations.
>>

> I need to run pgindent in a few months. What typedef list am I going to
> use?

This URL <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/typedefs.pl> gives a
typedef list that is (currently) the combined result from three fairly
different buildfarm members:

dungbeetle | 2009-03-22 06:44:01
brown_bat | 2009-03-21 13:00:58
dawn_bat | 2009-03-21 14:23:40

These are respectively my Linux, Cygwin and MinGW buildfarm members.

I don't have a BSD machine of any flavor to test on, and I don't know
how to extract the typedefs on OSX.

Anyone running a buildfarm member should be able to do this and add to
the results, if they are up to date with release 3.2. I have my linux
crontab set up to do one typedefs run on the HEAD branch each day.

cheers

andrew