win32 open item

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: win32 open item
Date: 2009-03-21 16:11:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The open items list for 8.4 has

* problems with Windows global namespace

I propose we move this over to the TODO list instead. We are no worse
off than we are in previous versions, and we've had *zero* bug reports
related to this issue.

Basically, we have a small window of failed protection if a user that
has permissions, manually starts the database engine from two different
terminal server sessions at the same time. Given that AFAIK *every
single* production deployment would be running the server as a service,
is probably why we have had zero reports about it.

The issue that caused the server to not start properly has already been
fixed in both 8.3 and head.

I don't think this is anywhere near important enough to hold up a
release over.

//Magnus