Re: BUG #4719: Convertion of Data from MSSQL to Postgres

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Nagendra(dot)K" <nagendra(dot)ind24(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4719: Convertion of Data from MSSQL to Postgres
Date: 2009-03-20 08:44:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Nagendra.K wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: Pls Adv Srv 8.3

Is this the EnterpriseDB's commercial Advanced Server product? If so,
please contact EnterpriseDB technical support. This mailing list / web
form is for reporting bugs in the community PostgreSQL.

> I had created data in MSSQL server and i want to convert the data into
> PostgreSQL. I converted the data into Postgres using DBConvert(converter).As
> the converted data is in my system, i want to make my system as a server.
> And the same version of Postgres was installed in another system. Inorder to
> transfer data from my system into the remote system.Is there any tool to
> connect my system(server) by the another system and transfer the data.

I have no idea how DBConvert works, but it sounds like you have some
data in a file or files in your filesystem, and you need help to load it
into PostgreSQL. How to do that depends on the format DBConvert
converted it into.

Looking at DBConvert's website, though, it seems that it support some
kind of direct synchronization between two databases. Perhaps you should
study DBConvert in more detail and learn how to use that. Or contact
DBConvert's support if you run into problems with that.

--
Heikki Linnakangas