Re: Pentabarf instance for pgDays?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pentabarf instance for pgDays?
Date: 2009-03-15 18:43:16
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> SFPUG will soon need to organize a pgDay at OSCON. We'd like to have
>> a Pentabarf (www.pentabarf.org) instance somewhere on a PostgreSQL.org
>> server which we and other UGs could use to organize mini-conferences.
>
> Should I take the silence on this as a "the WWW group isn't interested
> in hosting conference software, figure out something on your own"?

Meh, I thought I responded to that one. But since I can't find my own
response in sent items, I think I must've forgotten.

Anyway, here's what I was *planning* to say:

In general, that would probably be a good idea. I tried doing that for
the pgday.eu conference last year, and failed miserably at getting it
running *at all*. Another requirement would be to make it integrate with
community logins. IIRC I found some docs on how to do it, but since I
couldn't even get it running *at all*, I didn't get that far.

So. If somebody can get it installed and make it integrate with
community logins, I'm for doing this on a community server. However, I
myself have tried and failed to get it running, so it will have to be
somebody with more knowledge. I'll be happy to help with what I can.

//Magnus