Re: Reminder: still looking for video geek for March 10

From: Dirk Jagdmann <doj(at)cubic(dot)org>
To: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reminder: still looking for video geek for March 10
Date: 2009-03-02 20:57:53
Lists: sfpug

> Basically, I can provide either an analog video or DV-over-FireWire feed
> off of the camera to whatever streaming software we can come up with.
> If someone has a spare QuickTime (or Darwin) Streaming Server lying
> around, I can also provide a feed from QuickTime Broadcaster on my
> laptop. :)

I guess you have an Apple laptop including firewire port? As explained
in my previous post it saves us lots of work and bandwidth if we simply
use an existing video chat provider, I found http://stickam.com/ to be
working well.

You could try to hook up your camera to your computer and see if
stickam's flash stuff already can interface to your firewire audio/video
stream. If it works, we would basically be set if we want to use them to
stream the event. We can run a test-chat some-time this week if you have
time for it.

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann
----> http://cubic.org/~doj