Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows

From: Nicola Mauri <nicola(dot)mauri(at)saga(dot)it>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows
Date: 2009-02-23 18:18:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

-------- Messaggio Originale --------
Oggetto: Re: [ADMIN] Crash with data corruption under Windows
Da: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Nicola Mauri <nicola(dot)mauri(at)saga(dot)it> wrote:

Hi Scott,
we had to recreate the cluster and reload data from a dump, because we
were unable to read any table (some critical indexes was broken).
However we would like to try to recovery the most recent data from the
corrupted datafiles (as a help for manual insertion). Is there any
method to extract raw data from the pgsql table files?

regards,
Nicola