Re: Problems connecting to postgres using JDBC Driver.

From: Daniel Muñoz <daniel(dot)munoz(at)karinasoft(dot)com>
To: "Neil Peter Braggio" <pbraggio(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems connecting to postgres using JDBC Driver.
Date: 2007-08-27 21:47:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Neil.

On postgresql.conf I changed the listen_address to *.
Then commented the first host entry on pg_hba.conf
then restarted the server.

I wasnt able to log to the client on the command line (psql) because or
missing or erroneos pg_hba.conf. So I added again the first host entry and
restarted the server again. This time I was able to log using the client.

So I tried again the java application and I have the same error message!...

BUT I JUST RECEIVED THE ANSWERED FROM A FEDORA FORUM!!! I wouldn't have
guessed it never!!

It turns out that the pg_hba.conf does not accept names to identify a host,
only IPs and i have the name of one of my computers. I removed that host
line and it works!!!

The person who posted refers to this URL:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/client-authentication.html#AUTH-PG-HBA-CONF

Thanks alot for your help!!

daniel

--