Re: could not write block

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Kopljan Michael <kopljan(at)beotel(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not write block
Date: 2009-02-18 05:04:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Kopljan Michael wrote:
> recently appears to me the following error :
>
> could not write block 86 of relation 1663/121027/151994: Invalid argument
>
> What is that error and how to fix this?

It's much more likely to be a problem with your disks or filesystem than
with PostgreSQL.

"Invalid argument" is a standard system call error code translation for
the code -EINVAL .

You should check your kernel logs for error messages about your disks
and file systems. You should also run a file system check (fsck) on your
filesystems. If you have a RAID array, get it to do a
verification/scrubbing run too.

--
Craig Ringer