Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1530)

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: Joshua Brindle <method(at)manicmethod(dot)com>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1530)
Date: 2009-02-14 05:46:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:32 PM, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
>> If you can help to test the patches, I recommend you to install Fedora 10
>> on your VM images, because it includes SELinux in the default and its
>> default security policy (selinux-policy-targeted) also supports
>> SE-PostgreSQL.
>>

> i only have ubuntu at hand, and i can install selinux from
> repositories... do you see any problem with that?
> i'm creating the VM now... will test on weekend...

Now I checked the repository of Ubuntu, however, I can find
several matters to build/run SE-PostgreSQL.
- The default security policy is quite old.
Is does not contain SE-PostgreSQL support which is merged
at the refpolicy-20080702.
- The libselinux is a bit old. It does not contains several
symbols required by SE-PostgreSQL, so it is not possible
to compile.

If you set up a VM from scratch, Fedora enables to install
via remote repository using minimum bootable image.
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/iso/

I don't think it is not a essential for you to resolve troubles
related to SELinux on Ubuntu.

Thanks,