Re: Why is infinite_recurse test suddenly failing?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, mark(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com
Subject: Re: Why is infinite_recurse test suddenly failing?
Date: 2019-05-02 15:45:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hm, I just noticed:
> 'HEAD' => [
> 'force_parallel_mode = regress'
> ]

Oooh, I didn't see that.

> on all those animals. So it's not necessarily the case that HEAD and
> backbranch runs are behaving all that identical. Note that isn't a
> recent config change, so it's not an explanation as to why they started
> to fail only recently.

No, but it does point at another area of the code in which a relevant
change could've occurred.

While we're looking at this --- Mark, if you could install gdb
on your buildfarm hosts, that would be really handy. I think that's
the only extra thing the buildfarm script needs to extract stack
traces from core dumps. We'd likely already know where the problem
is if we had a stack trace ...