Re: pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got messag e type "d",

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sanjay Veeramachaneni <sveera(at)oration(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got messag e type "d",
Date: 2015-06-23 18:01:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sanjay Veeramachaneni <sveera(at)oration(dot)com> writes:
> Here is the version for libpq

Well, that list is pretty opaque, because you've got several different
entries for libpq-dev and nothing for libpq proper ... but at least one
of those is a version that would contain the bug I mentioned.

Having said that, we've never seen a report of this bug visibly
manifesting on Linux, only on Windows. So if that is what's biting you
there must be something unusual about your environment.