Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Emilie Laffray <emilie(dot)laffray(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows
Date: 2009-02-04 14:46:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Emilie Laffray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> well Icouldn't turn off my antivirus since it is controlled by our IT
> management team. However, since I rebuilt the indexes, the query has
> been running fine. I don't understand what happpened. Before asking for
> help, I made sure I could repeat the problem over several reboots.

It's not impossible you have found a bug in PostgreSQL's code. However,
I can't think of a situation where rebuilding an index would fail once
then work fine after a reboot. Not if your hardware is working OK.

I would contact your IT team and ask them to add an exclusion for your
PostgreSQL directories though. Otherwise you'll never be sure what is
causing any crashes.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd