Re: Permissions to a schema

From: "Daniel J(dot) Summers" <daniel(at)djs-consulting(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Permissions to a schema
Date: 2009-02-04 01:28:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Campbell, Lance wrote:

> How do I do the following:
>
> 1) Create a user group.
>
> 2) Assign access to select, delete, insert, and update to any table
> found in the following X number of schemas.
>
> 3) Assign the newly created user group permissions to a new user.

When you're going through the tables, don't forget the sequences for any
"serial" fields you may have. You'll get errors trying to insert, even
though you've granted INSERT on that table. As best I can tell (haven't
seen this in a document anywhere), your role needs SELECT and UPDATE on
those sequences.

--
Daniel J. Summers
*Owner, DJS Consulting* Support <http://support.djs-consulting.com/> •

daniel(at)djs-consulting(dot)com <mailto:daniel(at)djs-consulting(dot)com> •
http://www.djs-consulting.com <http://www.djs-consulting.com/>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++