Re: backend crash on CREATE OR REPLACE of a C-function on Linux

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backend crash on CREATE OR REPLACE of a C-function on Linux
Date: 2009-02-01 16:00:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> While hacking on some C-level functions I noticed that everytime I
> replaced the .so file and used CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION the backend
> immediatly crashed.
>
> To test that it was not caused by something my function does (or one of
> the libaries it links in) I created the following testcase based on the
> example in the docs:

I think I've seen this before and reported it. Try removing your so file and
then copying it, rather than overwriting it. I think dlopen has something
funnky going on with inodes; may need to generate a new one. If it is what I
think it is, the problem is with libc not postgres.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC