Re: Locations of meetings

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Locations of meetings
Date: 2009-01-30 21:06:06
Lists: sfpug

Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> In the past, it's been our policy to try to rotate meetings among San
> Francisco, the South Bay, and the East Bay....
East Bay is best for me and Casa Donde is a fun place to meet though SF
is not too bad for me and I've even done a couple South Bay meetings
when the meeting sounds sufficiently interesting to warrant an hour or
two of driving.

There seems to be a bigger selection of host companies in SF. When I've
visited the PHP meetup, it has been very well attended (though the base
is larger). It is always in the same SF location (cnet's meeting room).
I don't know their arrangement with cnet, but they generally have a
table of snack food and the room has dual projectors, sound, guest wifi
and the like.

So while I like having East Bay meetings, sticking to SF wouldn't kill me.

Cheers,
Steve